About me, my family, my creations!

Sunday, March 16, 2008

"Oh, is it over aleardy?"

Yes, Yes it is already over. I am refering to the craft weekend I have just been on with some most awesome ladies! I had lots of fun as usual. Not too much craft done I my behalf as I had school stuff to do (thanks Sooz.) It was a weekend of relaxation and over consumption of food!( Thanks Maria!) But boy it was Good!
I managed to finish the pirate and have decided that after much thought that he is not going to wear boots as I like his stripey legs. Jaxon was wrapped when I came home and presented it to him. He has called it his "John Butler" pirate. Something to do with the dreads I suspect. Didn't have the heart to tell the poor kid that john has since cut them off! Anyway it appears after much discussion with a couple of girls away that I am now making a series of dolls. Kaya is getting a farmer version of the pirate next. Will try and make over the school holidays. keep you posted! We managed to get a walk in. However I will honestly think of Ocean Grove as the dog poo beach from now on. Very yucky when they have bags at the front of the beach for walkers to pick up the poo! It was a bit of a surf beach so I didn't go for a swim. Looked a bit rough but it was pretty from a far. I enjoyed standing on the board walk and watching the waves crash in loudly. Imust say that it also was lovely lying in bed with a sea breeze and the lovely background noise of the sea. We visited this great warehouse called KYO where some lovely japanese kimono material was purchased and some beautiful silk thread to embelish some felt work. i think we did o.k getting a bag of scraps for $10 and being able to find some lovely fabric to further this weekend projects. I am going to make myself a bag from one of the lovely prints.I can safely say now that I have a fabric addiction......I guess I have joined the club....AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!


Now for the chocolate slice recipe. Here tis-


Chocolate slice


125g butter

1 tbsp golden syrup

1 cup of chopped dates

3/4 cup of brown sugar

1 egg beaten

250g choc biscuits

1/2 cup of sultanas and currants combined


Choc topping

150g dark chocolate chopped

30g copha


1) line a slice pan with grease proof pare. Melt butter and golden syrup in a saucepan. Stir in dired fruit and sugar and bring to the boil. Wait till cools and add egg. Stir well.


2)In a big bowl mix together remaining ingredients and add butter mixture. Put into slice pan, pressing down firmly. Chill in fridge for about 30 mins.

3) make icing mixture by melting dark chocoalte and copha in double boiler. Pour over slice mixture and set in fridge. Cut up into chunks to suit your chocolate craving. Yummo!

So yes the inevitable has happened. I am back home. jay is at work in Marijig and the kids are as wild as ever. Thank god for weekend like this to look forward to again! Thank you for all the fun we had ladies and thank you for your crafting abilities that inspire me every time! I am letting out a giant sigh now as I jump back into reality and the 39 degree heat!









2 comments:

Di said...

Thanks for sharing the recipe! It tasted so decadent- pity I could only have a small morsel of it, it's very more-ish.

Suse said...

That slice was magnificent! Thanks for providing the recipe.